Here is another letter from Sarah I never posted...she's loving Swedish, the Gospel, Christ, and jokes. Not a whole lot has changed...
I am happy to be able to talk to you again. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts and advice. I love them. I never get tired of them. Well, so far. I was a little sad this week because I didn't get very much this week mail wise, but then I realized that I was probably still getting about double what I will get after I leave the MTC so I got over it and was more grateful. All about perspective!
This week I celebrated one month on the mission! We called it Karleksfest (Share-leks-fest) which literally means "lovefest." We found that word in a hymn and thought it was funny (in the song (Come ye Disconsolate) it says 'the feast of love'). We didn't really do anything to celebrate... but it was still fun to recognize our progress so far.
I love Swedish! And this week I started to think that maybe I was meant for this language! It is super expressive, with tons of tones and ups and downs so much that it sounds like singing to people who hear it (like the Danes, Dutch, and Norwegians down the hall). I love speaking it and I think eventually I'll be able to really express myself.
I attended my first Branch Council meeting. I was called as the Music Coordinator for my Branch so that's why I was there. ? Ha but my companion is coordiating sister so I had to be around anyway. It was nice. I am really happy to have a responsibility in the Branch. Before I forget: My Branch President is President Ahlander and his wife is Sister Maxwell Ahlander, Martha Maxwell's Aunt. There son served under Mike Jensen as mission president. I am also curious if Sarah Doxey has received a mission call. That is all. They come with us to the Temple almost every week. That is really cool. They love us and take good care of us.
The role play philosophy has been very wonderful. The more we practice the situation, the more I learn! It is so beautiful. We had practiced a lot this week with the first lesson and teaching different people, so when it came time to go to the TRC and teach it (pa Svenska) it was smooth and the Spirit truly guided us!
I made the goal (I started on Karleksfest, tror jag) to read Mormons Bok entirely before I leave for Sverige. That will be a lot of reading! But I am excited. In the last 4/5 days I have read more than 100 pages so I think it will work! I love the scriptures.
I love my Savior. I have been taking note of when Jesus Christ invites men to come unto him. Many times he invites us to see for ourselves. Feel the prints of the nails in his hands, thrust our hands into his sides. He tells us that His hand is stretched out still. I have been thinking about what that really means. His Hand. The symbol of His Atonement and His Love. He stretches His Hand out to us to invite us to take hold of it. Use the Atonement. Apply the Atoning blood of the Savior to us. We should not suffer if we take His Holy Hand. We must take His Hand in order to be led into our Father's presence again. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives. He weeps with me when I weep and rejoices when I rejoice! I know I will be safe and happy if I strive be led by His Holy Hand.
I would like to request a French testimony. It has just so happened that I can no longer access any French once I have started learning Swedish. I think we will be flying to Charle Du Gaulle so I would love the lingo to testify! Merci! Je sais que.... Evangile? Merci mes cheries!!Oh dear.
I am sooooo sorry that I literally have no time to write almost anything other than this on P-days! It is most frustrating. I have been working on the same letters for the last 3 weeks! I am so sorry. Y'all know that I would write you though, right? I have always been good at the keeping in contact thing. I love you all and I REALLY DO APPRECIATE WHAT YOU SEND ME and I am truly sorry I can't send personal things as often as I want to.
Quick: Yesterday in class we were talkin with Bro Killian about being rejected on the street or something or he was telling us a story abou it. He said thy'd be like "yeah whatever, you are not worth my time" or "yeah go to h---" (the --- is for you Carissa). Everyone in the district was just quite and a little embarrassed or confused. Then he was like "I just realized I shouldn't have said that." We all kind of laughed and then A. Dean was like, "We were all like '... (mouths open)' People actually SAY THAT!!? What have we gotten ourselves into!!?"
No comments:
Post a Comment